Even if you are on a low-carb, gluten free, Paleo, Atkins or diabetic diet, doesn’t mean you can eat pasta! This just means you have to get a bit more creative with your cooking!
Here is a super easy and simple recipe to make “zucchini” pasta. All you need is your everyday home peeler and you are set – no fancy devices required! Now zucchini pasta may not be your normal everyday pasta, but it’s a great healthy alternative that allows you to enjoy your favorite pasta sauces.
- 2 Zucchini
- Pepper (optional)
- ½-1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- Wash zucchini
- Peel the zucchini using your normal household peeler into long strips.
- Keep turning over the zucchini and peeling until you reach the seeds.
- Throw away the seeds
- Use a knife to cut the zucchini into thinner strips (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan
- Add the peeled zucchini and sauté for about 1 minute
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid to cook for approx 3-5 mins, or until softened to your personal liking.
Some Super Tips
Tip 1: Make sure to use fresh, ripe zucchini to get the best flavor for your meal.
Tip 2: Add more water for a softer (more mushy) pasta.
Tip 3: The skin of the zucchini contains a lot of nutrients, however if you don’t like the taste, just toss it out or save to use in another dish.
Tip 4: Use a spiralizer to make your zucchini pasta really look like “real pasta”.
Tip 5: Zucchini pasta can be used as a main or side dish. It can be eaten plain or with a sauce. Feel free to get creative.
Happy Cooking & Eating!