- 2 cups quinoa – cooked per package instructions
- 1 red onion – chopped finely
- Small bunch of coriander leaves – chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic – chopped finely
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil (for pan frying)
- Mix all the ingredients, except the olive oil, in a bowl.
- Make small balls out of the mixture.
- Press each ball a bit to make a “patty”.
- Pan fry the patties in olive oil until golden brown.
Once you’ve already pre-cooked the quinoa, it’s really just a matter of mixing all the ingredients together and shaping them into balls. The recipe’s also very flexible, for example if you like a bit more spice, just add more Cajun pepper to your liking!
We all know how kids love to get their hands messy, put this to good use with them helping you roll the mixture into balls!
Thank you Super Mom Sridevi for this great recipe. I look forward to trying it out for my family and kids.