I think most men would agree that anything wrapped in bacon tastes amazing! These “Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers” are no exception! This is the perfect party appetizer food for “guys” and for some of us gals that are not afraid to eat a bit of yummy, greasy food every now and again. Bacon, cheese and jalapenos – what a great combination – these little savory morsels just “pop” in your mouth. In addition to being super delicious, they are easy and simple to make.
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- Bacon Strips (cut in half)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F (190 C)
- Wash & dry the jalapeno peppers.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers in half (lengthwise).
- Remove the seeds from the inside of the jalapeno peppers.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese inside the jalapeno pepper.
- Fill the jalapeno pepper with whipped cream cheese.
- Cut the uncooked bacon into half.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the stuffed jalapeno pepper.
- Bake in a foil covered baking tray for 20-30 mins (or until the bacon is cooked).
You don’t need any exact measurements to make these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – just follow SuperMommy’s step-by-step picture guide below to do this recipe.
You can use a variety of cheeses to fill the inside of the jalapeno. Cheddar cheese is most readily available cheese, however you can also try a combination of different cheeses including Monterey Jack and/or Parmesan cheese.
Although this recipe tastes perfect as is, for an extra kick you can buy a flavored cream cheese or add your own ingredients to the cream cheese, like grated garlic or chopped chives. Also, if you want a little bit more spice, add a few of the jalapeno seeds to the cream cheese mixture.
Make sure you tightly wrap the bacon around the jalapeno pepper before placing it on the baking tray.
Once the stuffed jalapeno peppers have finished baking, carefully remove them from the tray. Some of the bacon may have come unwrapped during the baking process, just re-wrap them before serving. You can also use a toothpick, which will make it easier to hold and keep the bacon firmly in place.
Special thanks to my brother for sharing this great recipe and his pictures. He made these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers for his Superbowl Sunday party and they were a huge hit with his friends! Just try them out at your next party and let me know how what you think.