Making the paste/glue for your paper-mache pinata is really easy and cheap. All you need is water and flour. This recipe works great and makes a lot of glue.
- 5 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons of salt (optional)
- Mix 1 cup water with 1 cup flour in a dish. Make sure to mix it thoroughly to remove any lumps. Set this aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water.
- Add the salt to the boiling water. (Salt helps prevent mold in humid climates).
- Add the flour mixture into the boiling water, stirring as you go along. Note: Do not add all the flour mixture in at the same time, otherwise the mixture will become lumpy.
- Mix well and let it boil for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- The mixture will have the consistency of thick glue. You can add more water if necessary.
- Remove from heat and put in the fridge to cool.
Now you are ready to make your pinata. Good luck.