My son’s 4th birthday is coming up soon and I have already started to search for a suitable location to host his party. With so many different birthday party packages and kid’s party venues it’s hard to make a decision on what to choose. Make sure your read the fine-print when choosing a venue, otherwise it may end up costing you (I made that mistake for my son’s 1st birthday party)!!
Here are some useful tips on what to look for and how to differentiate between all the “promotions” and “special” party packages that are offered.
The Party Venue
The most important part of the party (in addition to the birthday boy/girl), is where the party is going to be held. The actual location will determine the overall theme, atmosphere, and food for the party. Here are some important questions you should ask/find out the answer to before booking a party venue.
- Size of the party room?
- Amount of time allocated for the party?
- Can guests stay on to play after the party at no extra charge?
- What time is the room available for set-up?
- Cost per ½ hour of extra time in party room?
- How crowded is the place on that day/time?
- How many other parties will be happening at the same time?
- Is there another party right before your party?
- How much is the deposit?
- Is the deposit refundable?
The Party Package
Although many packages look attractive on the surface, it is important to read the fine print before making a decision as to which place to choose. When looking at the various party packages, look closely at the number of kids that are included in the package price. Some places have 15 kids, while others have 20 kids. Also, check the cost of each “additional kid”. This can really start adding up. The amount of kids will really make a huge difference in the final cost of the party.
- What are the different types of packages?
- Cost per additional kid/adult?
- What decorations are included?
- How much do you charge for helium balloons?
- Do you have different party themes to choose from?
- Is there are party host?
- How many people will be assisting with the party?
- Are games included?
- Do you have a list of games to choose from?
- Do you give prizes for the games?
- Is food included?
- Are goodie bags included?
- What extras do you offer?
If you are planning on having a large party 35-50 kids, you should enquire about getting exclusive use of the place. Some places offer separate packages for “exclusive” use, which might actually be more cost effective and more fun since you have the entire place to yourself.
Note: Some gyms will include free coupons for all the kids to play for free, or other extra freebies with their party package. It never hurts to ask.
The Party Food
Another important thing to enquire about is FOOD. Most places do include food in their package, but the selection is very limited. Here are the questions you need to ask.
- What type of kid’s food, if any is included?
- Can I choose the food?
- How much food is included per child?
- Can I bring outside food & drinks?
- Will you charge me if I bring outside food & drinks?
- Are party plates, tablecloths & cutlery included?
- Is there adult food?
- Can I order adult food?
- Can I purchase/serve wine and beer for the adults?
- Is the Birthday cake included?
- Can I have my Birthday cake delivered prior to the start of the party?
Here is a helpful list of all of the Kid’s Indoor Gym Party Venues & Packages in the Orchard Road area (in Singapore) that I have compiled to help me with my party planning. It includes contact information and the party packages offered by each place. Click here for the list.
I will keep you posted on what location I choose for my son’s birthday. Good luck and Happy Party Planning.