Here’s a cute and festive way to decorate your party table this Halloween – make some “orange” jack-o-lanterns. These little jack-o-lanterns are not only simple to make, but also very cost effective and have a variety of Halloween uses. Since these take only a few minutes to make – less than 5 minutes for each one, you can easily make one for each of your party guests.
This is what you will need:
- Knife or small kitchen scissors
Step 1: Cut a small opening at the top of the orange.
Step 2:Use a knife or scissors to cut the inside part of the orange.
Step 3: Use a spoon to scoop out the fruit and membranes.
Step 4: Draw the desired jack-o-lantern face on your orange.
Step 5: Carefully cut out your jack-o-lantern face.
Now that you have your little orange jack-o-lantern, here is a short list of what you can do:
(1) Use it as a centerpiece for your Halloween table (add tea-candles for an illuminating glow)
(2) Fill it with cut fruits and make a festive fruit platter
(3) Fill it with hummous, ranch or french onion dip and put it in the center of your crudites
(4) Fill it with vanilla ice-cream, yogurt or pudding to make a refreshing treat
(5) Fill it with orange & black jello, m&m’s, or gummy worms for a sugary snack
Once you have filled your jack-o-lantern, you can use a spoon, cinnamon stick, popsicle stick or any other straight object to make a stem at the top.
This is a great & creative idea!